How do I setup my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the setup wizard?
Device Setup Wizard
When you first power up your Samsung Galaxy S® 4, you will be taken through a setup wizard.
- On the initial welcome screen, select your preferred device language by touching the drop-down. Your device supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Korean. If you are visually impaired, you can also activate the accessibility features of the device by touching Accessibility. Touch Next to continue.
- Setup your Wi-Fi access point.
- Sign in with your existing Google™ Account by touching Yes. Touch No if you do not have a Google Account or if you want to skip the sign-in process. If you select yes, you will be asked to enter your username and password. Enter your account information and skip to Step 14. We will walk you through signing up for a new account in the following steps.
- If you do not have a Google Account or you want to sign up for a new one, touch Get an account. If you want to skip the sign-in process, touch Not now. If you select not now, you can skip to Step 14.
- Enter your First and Last name and touch .
- Enter your desired Google username and touch .
- Your device will contact Google and verify that the desired username is available. If the username is not available, you will be asked to change it and some suggestions may be offered. Repeat the process until you have selected a username that is available. When an available username has been selected, the select password screen is displayed. Enter your desired password, repeat in both boxes and touch .
- Enter your recovery information. Recovery information can be used later if you forget your password. When you are satisfied, touch .
- You will be asked to join Google+™. Google+ is Google’s social network that lets you share media with friends and family that you choose and view information posted by people you follow. Touch Join Google+ to join the service, or touch Not now to skip this process. You can always join later by opening the Google+ app on your device, or by visiting the Google+ website.
- You can set how your Google Account will handle your browsing history on this device. Mark the Turn on web history checkbox to keep the browsing history and share it with other devices, Google apps, and Google services, you use this Google Account on. Mark the Keep me up to date with news and offers from Google Play checkbox to receive marketing emails from Google Play™ to your new Google email address. Touch to continue.
- On the captcha screen, enter the word displayed in the captcha and touch .
- You can touch Set up credit card to add a payment card to your account. Adding a payment card to your account lets you purchase apps and media from Google Play™ Store. Touch Not now to skip this process.
- You can keep your device’s apps, settings, and limited data backed up to Google for recovery later. Mark the Keep this phone backed up with my Google Account checkbox and touch to continue.
- Select your desired location settings. Mark the checkbox below Use Wi-Fi and mobile network location to let your device estimate your location based on information from your Wi-Fi® or carrier’s wireless network. Mark the checkbox below Let Google apps access your location to let Google apps, for example, Google+ and Google Maps, access and use your location to improve your experience. Touch to continue.
- Next, you can set up each of your email accounts. Touch next to the account type to begin the process. The information requested will vary based on the type of account you are setting up. When you are finished, touch Next.
- Many of your device’s features will require that you have a Samsung account. You can sign in to an existing Samsung account by touching Sign in. If you don’t have a Samsung account, touch Create new account. We’ll walk you through signing up for a new account in the steps below. If you signed in with an existing account, skip to Step 20. If you do not want to sign in using a Samsung account, touch Skip, andskip to Step 20.
- On the new Samsung account screen, you will be asked for the following required information: Email, Password, Date of birth, First name, Last name, and Zip code. Mark the Receive newsletter checkbox to get regular updates on new features, services, and content available through Samsung services. Touch Sign up to continue.
- Touch Next to continue. Make sure you check your email for the message with the verification link. Your Samsung account is not fully activated until you follow the verification step.
- Choose a name for your device. By default the name is set to the model number. This is the name that will appear when you connect to your device through various services and features, like Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi Direct™. When you are satisfied, touch Next.
- Learn more about the key features of your device. Touch the name of a feature to read more about how the feature works and see an example of how to use it. Touch the slider next to a feature to turn it on . When you have made the desired changes to your key features, touch Finish.